Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Oh, I can feel my anger in my teeth...

Last week, a meeting was held here in Houston, the purpose of which was purported to be an "[e]xamination of the Healthcare crisis in America and offering Universal Healthcare as the solution with Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee and Congressman John Conyers, Jr."

The entities responsible seemed to try very hard to avoid letting many physicians, or even the general public, know about this. I attended. It hurt my brain meats.

I refrained from writing up a report because I have a temper and very little patience for asininity and because my notes were basically divided into two categories: ones that went along the lines of "Dr. Whatever, healthcare as a right, economic illiterate/moral parasite" or, more bluntly, "Conyers, Wortham apology, are you shitting me?!"

Honestly, those are the notes I took. I can't take these people seriously. I know they pose a serious threat, but intellectually, I view them as bratty children at best.

Anyway, Gus Van Horn was there as well and he wrote up a very good report on the whole sad little event. Go check it out.


"And much of madness..."
-Matt

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think I'd have the patience or constitution to attend such a meeting. Either I'd attack everyone around me in a fit of anger or my head would explode.

Matt said...

It took every ounce of restraint, believe me. I'm kind of glad I didn't get a shot at a Q&A. It would've been ugly.